In this issue:
- eResearch Australasia 2015
- Come join us in Brisbane
- Call for participation
- Become a conference sponsor
- Get the AeRO Tick – it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…free
- Call for research proposals for Enlighten Your Research Global
- Position Available: Project Manager (Data Services)
- Australia-US partnership drives trans-Pacific networking for science and research
- About this newsletter
eResearch Australasia 2015
Come join us in Brisbane
This year it will be hosted at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre 19-23 October. Workshops will run on Monday and Friday.
This year’s theme is Fuelling the knowledge economy
We have a number of outstanding featured speakers including:
- Dr Simon Hodson, Executive Director CODATA
- Professor Peter J Hunter FRS, Auckland Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland
- Professor Anne Trefethen, Director of the Oxford e-Research Centre, University of Oxford
- More to come!
Call for participation
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the eResearch Australasia conference and take advantage of the multiple formats available including: Presentations, BoFs, Point/counterpoints, Panels, Workshops, Showcases, Enlightening Talks and Posters.
Join the International Workshop on Science Gateways series at eResearch 2015. It focuses on research contributions for science gateways and tools in different science fields. It brings together scientists from many fields and disciplines, providing an international platform to exchange experience, formulate ideas, and share technological advances in the context of science gateways. This workshop builds on the successful Science Gateways series of workshops conducted for the last eight years in USA and six years in Europe.
The participation guidelines are available from the conference website. Visit http://conference.eresearch.edu.au/eres2015/participate/
Become a conference sponsor
We invite you to support the eResearch Australasia 2015 Conference. The conference, now in its 9th year, typically attracts around 500 delegates and provides an excellent opportunity for your Organisation to:
- Meet face-to-face with leading researchers and opinion leaders in the eResearch field
- Demonstrate new services and research programs
- Maintain a high profile with your target markets
- Network with industry delegates and evaluate market trends to generate new business opportunities and identify emerging technologies
- Network with eResearchers likely to be valuable to your team
- Demonstrate your involvement, commitment and support of the eResearch community
- Launch new products and services in front of an audience empowered with decision-making authority.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please contact the conference secretariat:
+61 (3) 6231 2999
For further details, visit: http://conference.eresearch.edu.au/
Get the AeRO Tick – it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…free
Do you want to…
RAISE the profile of your eResearch application or service?
REDUCE your support overhead?
BE RECOGNISED through an eResearch-specific accreditation system
AeRO Tick your application or service today and be part of the joined-up ICT service solution!
The AeRO Tick is an accreditation system specifically designed for the eResearch sector that identifies your application or service as having a high standard of IT service support and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Gaining the AeRO Tick is a simple 3 step process…and best of all it’s free!
- Register your eResearch application or service
- Complete the simple AeRO Tick accreditation
- Be recognised and supported!
To be accredited with the AeRO Tick (Level 1), your application or service must have:
- Public website
- eResearch application or service overview
- Contact Us page
- Tier 0 support material (e.g. Knowledge Base, FAQs)
- Terminology to suit the audience
With over 30 tools already accredited, AeRO is looking for additional tools keen to undertake this simple process.
Like to find out more?
AeRO – Australian eResearch Organisations – advocate – collaborate – communicate – www.aero.edu.au
Call for research proposals for Enlighten Your Research Global
(EYR-Global) 2015 is now open!
AARNet and REANNZ are among 12 National Research and Education Networks representing the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe partnering to oversee and implement this science support program.
EYR-Global is a program where research and education (R&E) network organisations join forces to help accelerate international research collaborations through improved networking, data transfers, or engineering. Scientists submit research projects that could benefit from access to advanced networks and technology and consultation with expert engineers to help improve research workflows. The selected projects then receive customized network engineering support for a year.
In 2013, four research projects in climate, genomics, and computer science received awards in the form of network resources and engineering consultations to improve the science workflows of each project, but any project from any academic discipline that is international in scope is eligible.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Visit the EYR Global website https://www.enlightenyourresearch.net/
Position Available: Project Manager (Data Services)
Job no: 494327
Work type: full-time
Location: Crawley, iVEC@UWA (Pawsey Supercomputing Centre)
Categories: Information Technology
- Appointment up to March 2016, part-time or full-time
- Salary range: Level 8 $88,988 – $97,460 p.a.
As part of the Data Team within the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, the Data Services Project Manager will lead, support and advise Pawsey with regard to various operations in the NeCTAR and Research Data Services (RDS) projects
Australia-US partnership drives trans-Pacific networking for science and research
Technology leaders attended a special event at the Australian Embassy in Washington DC on 28 April 2015 to celebrate the long-standing Australia-US partnership to facilitate R&E network capacity across the Pacific Ocean.
With the generous support of Southern Cross Cable Network, AARNet is upgrading the SXTransPORT links to the US to 100gbps by 2016. Building on a series of investments, the US National Science Foundation announced funding this week for upgrading the US side of the infrastructure interconnecting with AARNet…
About this newsletter
The eResearch newsletter is normally published the first business day of each month, and submissions are due two business days prior to that. Please send items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each item should be no more than 150 words plain text, plus a link to further information.
To subscribe to the newsletter and to the eresearch-announce mailing list, please send a plain text message to email@example.com with the words subscribe eresearch-announce in the message body. (You can unsubscribe at any time by sending a plain text message with the words unsubscribe eresearch-announce to the same address.)
eresearch-announce List Moderator